Welcome to Anchors Project!
What is Anchors Project?
Similarly to how kids learn about dental hygiene, early intervention and prevention can help promote proactive coping for handling strong emotions. Researchers at the Kansas City Center for Anxiety Treatment, P.A. (KCCAT) and Virtually Better, Inc. are examining ways of delivering family education and self-help tools for improving abilities to respond to common worries, fears, and other emotional health features in childhood, possibly reducing later needs of professionally delivered therapies..
Anchors Project Eligibility
Families located anywhere in the US may be eligible to participate if they have:
- A child age 6-11 without current or recent needs of clinical-level mental health care
- A parent/guardian caregiver willing to participate
- A personal iOS mobile device (iPhone 6 and up, or an iPad with Touch ID) or Android device running Android Nougat (7.0) or newer
What is Involved
- Review technology-delivered self-help programing for a 6-week period
- Complete online questionnaires at 3 time points
- Compensation of up to $175 in Visa® gift cards
Anchors Project is entirely on-line
I want to sign my family up for the study!
Click the following link to start the screening process:
This process takes 20 minutes or less. You will need your child available for about 5-10 minutes to answer some questions with your help.
If you are eligible, you will then select an appointment time to do a brief “getting started” phone call with a research team member to answer any of your questions before deciding to move forward.
If you want to talk to a member of the research team before the screening process, you can contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 913.956.6210
You can also download a copy of our study flyer here: